Sunday, February 21, 2010

Okay, so I broke down and watched the Olympics...

All my good Canadian blog friends, and most of my US blog friends (and some enemies) were going bat guano crazy about the big US v. Canada hockey match that was coming on tonight. So, I bit the bullet and decided to watch.

I had picked Canada to win 5 - 2. I did that on purpose, because any time I pick a team to win...they lose. It's a God given talent of mine.

I put the hex on the Canuks, so if we win tonight, I should be some sort of American folk hero, or something.

I've just got a couple of thoughts about the hockey game deal...



It looks to me like Canada's goal-keeping dude is havin' a bit of trouble handling our guys with their sticks and junk....



So, right now it's the end of the 3rd quarter, and America is ahead by 5 to 3 over Canada. It's time for a potty break...

There's only one more quarter to go, but America is looking pretty good in this one. I just saw on the TV that they all lined up and shook hands, so I'll bet it's gonna be a really clean, respectful (but hard fought) 4th quarter.

I'll let y'all know how it ends up.

8 comments:

  1. I haven't heard 'our boys will shine' in years. Where in the world do you come up with this stuff??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for picking the Canucks. Keep that karma working.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, Andy. Keep callin' 'em like ya sees 'em... we're countin' on ya! You were right on the five bit, though. Good call. ;-)

    Veriword: nombr. I think that might be French-Canuckistan for number, as in "The USA got yore nombr, Suckas."

    ReplyDelete
  4. I gotta do this quick, because the 4th quarter should be coming on pretty soon...

    Jim, I get this stuff from The YouTube. I was looking for the clip from the movie with Jimmy Stewart, and June Allison (I think The Glen Miller Story), where they played "Our Boys Will Shine Tonight," but I was in a hurry and just went with the accordion guy.

    Buckskins, and Buck (Are y'all related?), no problem! I pick the Colts, the Saints win. I pick LSU, Penn State wins. I pick Notre Dame...Apalachicola Teachers College wins...

    It's a gift.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What is this "Olympics" of which you speak?

    My TiVo has nothing named "Olympics" on the Now Playing list.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Basil, I got educated on it from The Mayor, and then Buck started talking about it and showing pictures of the VERY hot American women hockey team. And, Staci liked the pants that some curling team was wearing. And I just couldn't resist to look at it.

    I mean, it ain't college football, but it beats the heck out of basketball.

    I think NBC screwed up, though. They've switched off, and aren't showing the 4th quarter. Typical NBC...

    ReplyDelete
  7. What?? They airing Heidi again?

    Anyway, I will admit to having gone to some local hockey games. But I never once stayed till the 4th quarter. And lots of others felt the same way as me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I pick Notre Dame...Apalachicola Teachers College wins...

    But those were two separate games, no? I'll admit ND has fallen on hard times of late but let us not be ridiculous. And your Tiggers taint nothin' to brag on of late. ;-)

    BR and I are sorta related, in that we're cousins-in-arms, what with him being a career Squid. If he were a Zoomie we'd be Bros-in-Arms.

    ReplyDelete

Don't cuss nobody out, okay?