Friday, June 4, 2010

Okay! Which one of you jokers broke The Gooble-Mail© ???

Or, maybe it's just me...


I got a call from one of my biggest customers (a fine Canadian business-lady) about noon today.


Jason (not her real name):  Hi Andy!  I never did hear back from you about the order I e-mailed you a couple of days ago.  I was working late at night, and just decided to e-mail you instead of calling.  Did you ship my order yet?


Me:  Hi Jason (not her real name)!  Ummmm....I'm sorry.  I didn't get an e-mail from you, but I'll take it on the phone...yada yada yada (appropriately apologizing for the trouble/inconvenience/delay/whatever).


So, I got the order processed in my online terminal.  While I was logged in, I decided to see if there were any "online" orders (which are delivered via The Gooble-Mail© ) that I may have missed.  Sure enough...several customers had ordered through our online gateway, and no The Gooble-Mail© notifications had come.


So, about 30 minutes ago, my The Gooble-Mail© box filled up with about 30 computer letters from a wide range of mail servers.  All of them were from two days to 12 hours old.


So, was it just me?  Or, did anyone else have a gap of about 36 hours in delivery of The Gooble-Mail© ?


Just curious.


And, don't ever, NEVER forget...


4 comments:

  1. Not one problem in the last forty-two days, Mr. Andy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No problems that I noted, but I get about 3 emails a week, so I am not much of a gauge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. TD, Andy, Buck...I went back and looked. It was all forwarded mail that comes from various e-mail addys to my G-mail account.

    Must have just been a glitch in my mail forwarding deal. Thanks for the input.

    ReplyDelete

Don't cuss nobody out, okay?