Tuesday, August 7, 2012

For no particular reason...

.

 Okay...y'all that have been hanging out around here very long know that when I say "For no particular reason," there really is one. 

It's a long, complicated, multiplied long complex story... But, the short of it is that I've been thinking about the "old folks" tonight (I do that often). Trust me, it's REALLY WAY MORE COMPLICATED than that, but thumbnails are in vogue. 

When my beloved Grandmother (Munnie) was found dead from a heart attack in her kitchen floor in her house on Schex Drive on a REALLY bad day for me...I walked into her kitchen, and saw an 8 X 10 glossy color photo of Mel Tillis on her refrigerator (I think the magnet holding it up there said, "Let all that is within me bless His Holy Name!").

It was signed:

To Lorrine, 

I love you, my friend,

Mel Tillis 

(I'm pretty sure that my Aunt, or my Mama has that autographed picture somewhere in storage.)

I want it...


6 comments:

  1. Andy, I think you're blogging again. I like it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Pat. I like to see you blogging again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like Mel. My ex-sister-in-law sang backup on one of his albums. It was one of her first big gigs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is very kind of you ALL.

    Really, it's just a memory that I needed to chronicle before my brain completely turns to warm jello.

    Truth is, the "long" of how, and why that memory surfaced is much more interesting than the memory itself. But, it's not for public consumption.

    I'm hoping that in the future when I look back at this, I'll still be able to remember what in the mortal hades sparked it!

    I'm pretty sure I will...

    ReplyDelete

Don't cuss nobody out, okay?