Sunday, October 4, 2009

MIDNIGHT BROKE MY FOOT...

I have told y'all before about my old black lab Midnight. You know...the finest, smartest animal to ever live. You remember, the raaaaaaacist black gal that hated black folks & Jehovah's Witnesses...and REALLY hated black Jehovah's Witnesses. Yeah, that Midnight.

Actually, I got some pretty funny comments on that post from a Jehovah Witness. He seemed like a good chap, and I enjoyed his humor about the whole deal. But I digress.

Midnight was without fault as a pet. Well, almost. She dug holes. I tried everything, but nothing would stop her. Yet she received grace from her master on that, because she was such a fine animal. Over the years, I have filled in most of them with dirt from other parts of the estate, but one or two remain.

Yesterday as I was just finishing up mowing ahead of college football, I stepped on the edge of one of the remaining Midnight holes, and felt something go "snap." I did not really feel any pain, so I shrugged it off, and finished up mowing. By the time I got finished with the blower about 20 minutes later, the pain had commenced.

I limped up the steps to the porch, removed my grass-cuttin' shoes, and saw a goose egg rising rapidly. I'm pretty sure I have a broken bone in the right side of my right foot. It is not as swollen this morning, but is beginning to discolor, and is much more painful than when I went to bed last night.

I would take a picture of it, so y'all could enjoy it right along with me, but I don't want to gross nobody out on the Lord's Day.

Dangit! I've got too much going on to have a bum wheel...and the pain has really put me in a cross mood! If I don't seem my normal, jovial self for the next little while, don't worry. It ain't y'all, it's me...

Maybe it ain't really broken. I'll report back if it's better manana.

8 comments:

  1. Ouch!

    I cut down some trees yesterday and pulled my back. I can hardly move. I hate being old...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man...sorry Cosmic. Yeah, being old sucks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you're going to get your foot X-rayed. One of the worst parts of aging is getting arthritis in injuries that were not treated properly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for not posting a pic... and for freak sakes man, go see a doc.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OUCH!!!!!

    You been to the emergency room and waited for less than 3 days (since this ain't Canada) to get that cast on yet?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Andy,
    Listen to what Patrick said! I blew out a knee stepping in a hole at a fire years ago. Arthritis.....BAD! BTW, I think you're about 5 months older than I am. Still trying to do stuff I did when I was 25. Still can, just hurts more for longer!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Didn't you just mention is a previous post that you hadn't been to a doctor in 20 years?

    Hmmmmm.

    Go now, bro!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It was certainly interesting for me to read this blog. Thank author for it. I like such themes and everything connected to them. I would like to read more soon.

    ReplyDelete

Don't cuss nobody out, okay?