Monday, January 25, 2010

Wrapping up the weekend...kicking off the week...

Hi y'all! Hugs, kisses, yada yada yada...

Well, it was a weekend without water for a good bit of the time at Andy's Place. I already told y'all how sore I was on Sunday, but I decided that I'd better at least try to get up under the house and find the source of all that pain.

By yesterday afternoon, the water had absorbed, and it wasn't impossible to navigate into where I suspected the leak was. Sure enough, I saw something that looked like a sink-hole. Being the genius I am, I thought, "Hey, maybe I'll start digging right there. So I did.

Then I hollered at The Mrs. to go turn the water on...and here it came. By the time she got back where she could here me screaming to turn it off, the hole had filled up. So, I crawled back out for some fresh air.

See, there's the scene of the crime right there...


And, there's your culprit...



Yep, a tiny little hole in that copper pipe was the source of all my pain and aggravation...and no telling what kinda water bill (but I'll talk 'em down...maybe). So, it was getting dark, and I just ran down to the auto parts store and got a piece of hose, clamped it in as a patch, and will let it all dry out completely for a couple of days before I head back under there to fix it right.

I was glad to find the trouble, but as you can see from the above photo, there is "more bad news." That 6 inch piece of copper I pulled out of there not only has a hole in it, there are also pits in several places. They would have soon become spewers of their own. So, I know what that means. I'm probably gonna eventually have to go under there and replace all of the supply lines that are beneath ground. But hey, it's an old house. Sigh.

I don't know what it is about ME, and the Chinese! Ever since I got to be the #1 blog on The Gooble search term, "don't trust China," it is a constant stream from those folks. Yesterday, somebody from over there came to visit Andy's Place. The search that brought them to Andy's Place is this one right here. But, it's a Yahoo search instead.

You'll note that the page they accessed is the one that has the long list of survival books that are available for download. I thought, "Hmmmm...don't chinks already know how to survive? Maybe not. Maybe they need to know more about gardening, and farming, and solar ovens, and making soap & junk."

So, I didn't think too much about it. But then I got to wondering what those chink words are that this fellow used to get to Andy's Place, and learn about surviving and all.

So, I translated them with The Gooble Translate...


I swear, they've just got something against me, and I DON'T UNDERSTAND IT!

Our buddy, and regular contributor, Paul the Fireguy sent along a picture of a Dallas Cowboy Cheerleader.



I reckon that in the off-season, they kinda let themselves go a bit. But, I'm sure she'll be back in hotness form by the pre-season.

Finally, my friend/cousin and regular contributor, Walt, sent me a link to a video of Joe Biden monkeying around. I think it's him. It could be Harry Reid, or Barney Frank, or youfillintheblank. I started to post it, but I get tired of looking at their ugly mugs all over the computer. It's only 30 seconds long. Go look at it.

Well, that's about all I've got this Monday morning. Gotta get to work, make some green rectangles, and put a new pump on the washer.

Y'all have a glorious day, would ya'? Yeah, you will...sure you will! Do it for me...

9 comments:

  1. Dude, call a plumbing company and hire that re-piping work did. And re-pipe with Pex tubing. They can install what amounts to a water breaker panel in your house and you can just shut off lines to certain parts of the house.

    Check it out, it be cool as all get out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey man, thanks for the tip. I will look in to it. I'm pretty sure this will not be the last spewer in those pipes that are in the river sand.

    The exposed copper looks good...but the underground...not so much.

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would hire a plumber to run a new line from outside of the house to inside the house where your shut off is. Once a line starts leaking you will be in trouble from then on. I personally have had a leak in copper and PEX. With time, all pipes will leak.
    MUD

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you found the problem and I concur with Paul and MUD: hire the re-plumbing out. It may cost more but it's easier on everyone all the way 'round.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So, I've got 3 votes for "hire a plumber." Well, I have ALWAYS done all my own plumbing work.

    But, since you three are older and wiser, I figure I'll go the "hire it done" route.

    It's not that I CAN'T do it. It's just that at this point, I'm so stinkin' sore that I really don't want to tackle it.

    Thank you gennimens!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Andy, no one is questioning your ability to perform the repairs, think "WARRANTY." It actually pays YOU money for you to hire it did.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dude! I did not take it personally, or as anyone questioning my ability.

    I think I see what you're getting at...hmmmm....

    Shazzaaaammmm!!!...find me a phone book...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey, Papaw, tell us about the old days, when y'all had "phonebooks" and "buggy whips."

    ReplyDelete
  9. Funny...reeeell funny...

    I'll show y'all! I might be old, but I got me a torch, silver solder, flux, and what's left of 850 muscles...

    And, I've got me some pvc glue (if the lid will unscrew). Just wait 'til I get finished under there.

    btw: Does anyone want to buy a house in Bossier?...

    ReplyDelete

Don't cuss nobody out, okay?