Wednesday, March 5, 2008

THE MRS. IS HAPPY!

Hey y'all!

6 years ago, the Mrs. bought a 1997 Mercury Sable. She had saved up her money, and was looking for a new vehicle. Now, I can tell you for sure that she has a "nose for a bargain." Well, she found this beautiful, black Mercury Sable that was almost like new. So she purchased it (at a rock-bottom price, I might add).

And I've got to admit, it's the best car that she has ever bought. She has spent almost nothing on it over these 6 years (except when the transmission went out...but that's another story that has nothing to do with the (let me get my word book...) integrity of the car...I don't want to revisit bad memories).

I swear, the Mrs. knows a great value when she sees one! Of course, we don't go anywhere, but when she purchased it 6 years ago it had 78,000 miles. Today it has 106,000 miles. I'm not good in long division, but I think that's something about less than 5,000 miles per year that she has put on it.

Well, it wouldn't crank yesterday morning. So me and my 18-year-old son pushed it around the corner yesterday (while my Daddy was doing the steering) to the best (and most honest) Auto Electric Establishment that I have ever come across. I'll tell you, it's nice to live close to folks that know what they're doing, and that you can trust. I was "huffing and puffing" by the time we pushed it up the curb into their shop. I didn't let on like I was worn out, 'cause I didn't want to let my son Phil know that I am getting older. (I try to keep my bluff in on him...I think I'm losing ground on that).

Anyway, Martins' Auto Electric got her fixed up! They pulled the "starter" off, rebuilt it, put it back on, and even aired up the front tires...all for $160! I was happy, the Mrs. is happy. The sun is shining today, it's 70 degrees, I just pulled off my shoes...all is right with the world!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Don't cuss nobody out, okay?