Sunday, February 1, 2009

OH...THE HEARTBREAK...

...of Psoriasis.

I'm 'flicted with it my friends! It's an embarrassing thing to admit, but I am...

6 or 7 years ago, I had a massive outbreak of some red, scaly, itchy crud all over my chest. A quick computer search informed me that it truly was "the heartbreaker."

This is me...




Well, it's not really me, as I didn't let mine advance to the point that this poor soul did...plus, I would never pose for a picture with a belly like that...plus, I've got hair on my chest.

So, remembering my youth, I began to search the computer for "Blue Star Ointment." It was advertised as a miracle cure for "The Heartbreak of Psoriasis." But every search I did lead me to a 3% salicylic acid cream, or a $100 a visit dermatologist. You can guess which one I chose.

So, I go to Wal-Mart and buy this little can of MG-something (3% salicylic acid). Now, this is the greasiest mess you've ever dealt with. It makes lard seem sticky. I slather this junk on my chest, and viola...almost immediate relief from itching...the scales dropped off, and my chest returns to normal within a couple of weeks. See...

Oh, I shaved for this photo...


Fortunately, since that first outbreak, it never has jumped on my chest again. But once every year or so, it breaks out on my right hand. It always starts on the ring finger of my right hand. That rascal starts to swell up, and I know it's coming. It takes about 4 days of pain for the skin to finally break open. When it does (as it did this morning), I break out the greasy crud, slap it on, bandage it up, and begin to feel relief almost instantly.

Just passing this along as a public service. If you've got the old heartbreaker, buy that MG-something greasy stuff from WalMart. I'm still on my first jar of it. 8 bucks was pretty cheap in my book.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Don't cuss nobody out, okay?