Monday, February 2, 2009

RITZ CRACKERS FOR SUPPER, CROW FOR BREAKFAST...

Super Bowl XLIII was quite possibly the most exciting that I've ever watched. It was definitely the most exciting game of this season. While I had predicted a Cardinal win, and was pulling for them, my hat's off to The Steelers. If you have to be humbled, at least you want to be entertained in the process. And the Ritz crackers and squeezie cheese (roasted garlic & cheddar) were fabulous.

Let me remind you of my astounding prediction from yesterday.

"The Cardinals come out shaky. The Steelers take a quick 10-0 lead."

I was right!

"Arizona gains their wits, and take a 17-10 lead into halftime."

This is where my being right ends. The Cardinals did gain their wits, and boy was I feeling smug near the end of the first half! Warner was driving those birds...going in for a touchdown to take a 14-10 lead into halftime. What I did not see in my visualization session was a 100-yard interception return. Whoda' thunk it? (I wish I'd been able to contact Coach Landry...he would surely have known).

The game shifted in an instant. Football is called a "game of inches," but sometimes it's a game of 100 yards I reckon.

"The Cardinals score again after a Steeler turnover to take a 24-10 lead."

It's moot. Once your prediction goes wrong, the rest won't add up.

"The Steelers add a meaningless field goal mid-4th quarter."

Try 3 field goals that were very meaningful. I had predicted 2.

"Final score Arizona 24 - Pittsburgh 13."

Is crow better fried, or broiled?

There was other stuff in my astoundingly inaccurate prediction, but I'll just leave it at that. Warner bested Ben by 125 yards in passing yards, and by 2 in TD passes...but that danged interception... (By the way, here is the box score if you didn't see it yet)

Oh well, at least my prediction wasn't totally wrong. Everybody knows the last thing you write is the most important.

"Game over...this season is in the books." I was right. So there!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Don't cuss nobody out, okay?