Sunday, September 13, 2009

Sunday Morning Quarterback...(Week 2)




Hi y'all, good Sunday morning! So, how did Andy do with his picks? I'm glad you asked.

My picks for Sept. 12: "Florida stumbles early but finally whips Troy by 20. "

I was wrong! Florida downed Troy 56-6. But it was not that close. The Rubbers of Troy really failed to bring their "A" game. I am looking forward to a Florida game against another college team. But as of now, I think Ole Miss is probably the only team with a chance to hand them a loss. Timbow is stout...and he's got stoutness all around him.

"Ohio State upsets USC at The Shoe by 7."

I was wrong! I thought I was gonna be right, but Joe McKnight (a traitor from West Monroe, LA) got his wheels turning at the end, and lead The Other Rubbers to an 18-15 win before 106,000 plus fans in Columbus. Awwwwww.......

"BYU murders Tulane at the Dome, 107 to 3."

I was wrong! BYU only scored about half what I expected, downing Tulane 54-3 in front of roughly 50,000 empty seats in The Dome.

"My beloved LSU Tigers take Vandy by 17 in Death Valley."

I was wrong! 23 minus 9 is only 14. But I was pretty close.

"Oklahoma beats Idaho High by 56 in Norman."

I was wrong! 64 to 0 is a difference of (hang on, let me get my calculator)...64! Lord, wouldn't you have hated to be Idaho State facing the Sooners after last week? For that matter, wouldn't you hate to be Idaho State...period?

And besides those, nobody really cares. "Oh wait, "The Tribe" of William & Mary take Central Connecticut State to the woodshed, riding high after last week's upset of Virginia."

I was right! Central Connecticut State was no match for The Tribe in the home opener in Williamsburg, falling to William & Mary 33 - 14.!

"And Slippery Rock follows up two impressive wins over Bowie State, and Millersville by hammering Kutztown U."

Well, I was kinda right. But it was not a "hammering." The Rock escaped a loss at Kutztown by returning an interception for a TD late in the game, spoiling Kutztown's afternoon by a score of 27-24.

So, I've got 4 "wrongs." 1 "right." and 1 "kinda right." Hang on...let me get my calculator...

Okay! I'm batting .833! Not bad for week 2.

4 comments:

  1. Sunday Morning Quarterback is not complete until you call for Dan Mullen's firing and the return of CROOM! to We Suck.

    And at least one barb at da Vols about losing to a PAC-10 school.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alright ANDY! Besides the three teams I follow -- often, painfully of late -- you mentioned my first, last, bestest team I've ever adopted for the past five years, the venerable William & Mary!! And -- take note, BsCS -- they're 2-0!!! Apparently Mary got over her broken nail in Game 1 at half-time, and had a timely period kick in, which made her madder than hornets. Uuuuuuuuuuuuu-RAH!

    Of course, William & Mary will need all their "A" game on week #4, to knock off the Michigan "cash for wolverines". But once they do, just you watch the irresistible climb in the national polls that even EsPn won't be able to deny!

    Yowza!

    Send me your picks for next weekend, and I'll match or better ya (until respective game times, that is LOL).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Paul, you know how I feel about the Croomster...Ah luvs da man!

    Face it, he's better off where he is.

    Skunks, you are the reason I now follow William & Mary...and have become a huge fan!

    But I thought we have Norfolk State next week. I think I'd rather take on Michigan than Norfolk though...with the trouble they had beating The 'Dame, I think we could win in a snoozer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it is Norfolk State next week; week after is the "Cash for Wolverines". Dang, I'm having to learn all kinds of teams I never heard of, to follow William & Mary.

    Hope she keeps a bit of her 'time of the month' for next game ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Don't cuss nobody out, okay?