Friday, November 13, 2009

Losing it a little earlier in the day...answering a simple question.

We could play a game of "What's Wrong With This Picture?" But you'd all get it...it's too easy. So, instead I'll pick on Andy a little bit.

The Mrs. and I went out to lunch today at the Golden Corral Buffet. Man, it's been years since I went to a Golden Corral. And was it ever goooooood!

As I've mentioned often, I'm a "hummer, whistler, singer." I've always got a tune in my head. So, we're sitting at the table, and I'm humming/singing very softly to myself:

"When are you gonna' come down? When are you going to land? I should have stayed on the farm. I should have..."At about that point, The Mrs. asks, "What are you singing now, Andy?" It was a little bit loud in the restaurant, so I guess she couldn't hear me.

I just continued to hum for a while, and so she asked again, "What are you singing?"

I finally told her, "Hang on a minute...I'm not ignoring you, I've just gotta get to the chorus before I know...ah! 'Goodbye Yellow Brick Road.' "

Made The Mrs. laugh! My goal for the day was accomplished.

1 comment:

  1. LOL, been there, done that. And probably on that same song. I play guitar badly and my wife frequently says that she can't figure out what song I'm playing. So I offer to sing it for her and she says "No, really, not necessary."

    ReplyDelete

Don't cuss nobody out, okay?