Saturday, May 15, 2010

I just spent an hour with Census Dude...

Here comes a "knock knock knock" on the doorbell...I go to answer the door, and there stands Census Dude.

I'm thinkin', "Jeepers..."  But, he only had one question, and it had to do with our old garage apartment (that still has a separate address in The Census records).  I told him that it was empty, and that I had returned the form to "the man" stating that it was no longer a valid address.  He was quite nice, and cordial, and recorded what I told him.

But, bless his heart, he needed some help!  He could not get anyone at any of our apartments to come to the door, and wondered if I could help.

Well, it seems that the ONLY renter in our apartments that actually returned his Census Form was the old, hopeless drunk that can't find his way to the corner store.

Everybody else obviously threw it in the trash.

But, Census Dude was a nice guy...a little bit older than me, and serious about the job he'd been hired to do.  I think we finally got everybody counted.  I will sleep well tonight...

3 comments:

  1. Arrggghhh, you're a government informant!

    PS - and what kind of word verification is 'propho'?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, that's me...hook line, and sinker for gubmit!

    Truth is, I didn't want to mess with Census Dude for the next 6 months while he tried to count these few folks that live in the apartments. I know he'd be knocking on MY doorbell UNTIL everybody fesses up to living over there.

    Plus...he was a nice guy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I met a census questioner today at a crawfish boil that was pretty sharp. She told me that her supervisor kept telling her to pad her mileage and time, so she spent more time talking to people that she interviewed to feel like she wasn't wasting any tax money.

    ReplyDelete

Don't cuss nobody out, okay?